With HIMSS 2018 approaching quickly, how can you make the most out of your experience?
HIMSS provides a forum for collaboration in health care IT, producing an annual conference that brings together over 40,000+ health IT stakeholders for days of education and networking.
Hot topics at HIMSS this year include:
- Connected health and telehealth
- Population health
- Clinical information and clinician engagement
- Patient engagement
“With cybersecurity maintaining its dominance in the news, innovation and disruptive technologies increasingly becoming game changers, government regulations continuing to impact your organization, and operational and other issues like big data and interoperability all affecting healthcare, you have a lot on your mind. HIMSS allows you to find the latest information, solutions and peer discussion – all at one time, all in one place.”
Speciality exhibits and sessions occurring throughout the day cover a large variety of topics, built to encourage your learning and exploration into todayʻs hot topics.
These sessions and exhibits include:
Career Fair: Including a networking breakfast, resume review, education sessions, personal brand workshop and more.
Innovation Live: A hands-on educational experiences in the Developers Innovation Lab and MakerSpace, bringing together startups, accelerators, and other innovative companies to showcase the future of healthcare
Federal IT Solutions Pavilion: With federal resources and products on display, and education sessions from agencies in the pavilion theater.
Lightning Sessions: (New this Year) These 20-minute, high-energy sessions on the exhibit floor are designed to ignite your thinking about the hottest topics impacting healthcare and health IT today.
As well as a number of free talks available to conference attendees. Amongst these is a networking luncheon for providers hosted by our very own Geoff Rutledge, MD, CMIO, Founder of HealthTap and practicing physician and Dr. Sofie Rasmussen, BSc MHSc, Medical Expert Network Lead, HealthTap.
The lunch will be held in the private Penthouse Suite at The Venetian, with chef prepared food and drink. Register here to join.
Youʻll get the most out of your HIMSS 2018 Conference experience by planning as much as you can. 43% of HIMSS18 attendees are first-timers, so here are some quick reminders to insure that you can make the most out of the experience. Be sure to:
- Establish your Objectives: What do you wish to accomplish at the conference. This yearʻs event covers 23 Healthcare IT topics, so be sure to ascertain and have some background knowledge on the topics you wish to focus on.
- Plan your Continuing Education Credits. HIMSS18 is an excellent opportunity to earn continuing education credit. View CE credit accreditation statements here.
- Go Mobile. Get the latest information on educational sessions, exhibitor listings, floor maps, networking opportunities, headline news and more with the official HIMSS18 Mobile App. Download at the App Store or Google Play; search HIMSS18.
- Review the Pocket Guide. Look over the pocket guide and create a tentative schedule of the sessions and activities you would like to attend, in advance.
- #HIMSS18. Hashtag in your social media discussions and start to get excited, we are only one week away!
HIMSS this year on March 5-9, 2018 at the Venetian- Palazzo Expo Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, and it brings together, 300+ exhibiting companies, 300+ educational events, 150+ newly launched products and services and 40,000+ health IT professionals, clinicians, executives and vendors from around the world. Exceptional education, world-class speakers, cutting-edge health IT products and powerful networking are hallmarks of this industry-leading conference.
Meet HealthTap at booth #3560!
Not a member of the HealthTap Medical Expert Network? Join for free here.