Easter is fast approaching, and we know that nothing starts off a day full of chocolate and egg hunts than a delicious breakfast.
If you need a last minute Easter recipe, look no further than this one. These pancakes are packed with whole grains, naturally sweetened, and full of fiber.
On top of being healthy, they are extremely easy to make- you can whip them up in just a few minutes. All you’ll need is a blender and these ingredients!
Hint: Want some extra chocolate for your Easter morning? We love adding a few dark chocolate chips to this recipe!
What you’ll need: (serves 2-3)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup oats
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon ( or more to taste)
- pinch of salt
- Optional: chopped walnuts, dark chocolate chips, coconut
- Almond butter
- 100% maple syrup
- Sliced banana
- Chopped nuts
How to make the pancakes:
- In a blender, combine oats, banana, almond milk, honey, egg, vanilla, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Blend all ingredients together on high until a complete batter is formed. This should take approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Grease a pan with grass-fed butter, coconut oil, or cooking spray over medium-low heat.
- When the pan is hot, scoop the batter onto the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes each side.
- Serve hot with all your favorite toppings, and enjoy!
Author: Maggie Harriman