Did you know?
The skin is human body’s largest organ, accounting for around 15% of your body weight. Here are 10 other interesting, incredible facts about your skin:
- The average skin, when stretched out, is 2 square meters
- Every inch of your skin has an exact stretchiness and strength for its location
- The thinnest skin is found on your eyelids. The thickest skin is found on your feet
- Over 50% of the dust in your home is actually dead skin
- Every minute, your skin sheds over 30,000 dead skin
- Your skin has its own bacteria microbiome of over 1000 species
- On average, 14 species of Fungi live between your toes
- It takes up to 6 months for babies to develop their permanent skin tone
- 1 in 20 women suffer acne, while only 1 in 100 men do
- For healthy skin, you need Vitamin A, D, C, and E
For the complete list of 50, check out the Infographic below from Beauty Flash.